Website Hire With Jarvis - Amy Cobb
We are in search of a dedicated Senior Data Engineer to join our esteemed data engineering team, contributing to the development and maintenance of scalable, dependable data engineering solutions that underpin our enterprise data repository and business analytics. This role entails crafting, refining, and implementing data pipelines, workflows, and data models. Expertise in dbt, Snowflake, Data Modeling, CI/CD, and DevOps is essential. Collaborating with fellow data engineers, architects, analysts, and stakeholders is crucial for ensuring alignment with business demands, data integrity, security, and governance.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Conceptualize, create, and deploy data pipelines and workflows utilizing dbt and Snowflake to absorb, transform, and furnish data from diverse sources to our enterprise data repository based on Snowflake. This includes, but is not limited to, constructing SQL queries, macros, tests, source-to-target mappings, and documentation.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in optimizing ETL/ELT performance, constructing and executing tests, maintaining versions/repositories, and documenting workflows.
- Apply data operations, CI/CD, and DevOps principles and methodologies to automate and streamline data procedures, ensuring continuous data solution delivery and integration.
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders, reporting teams, and solution architects to formulate a robust design, data structure, and data models for the data warehouse, supporting business intelligence solutions.
- Hands-on involvement in executing cloud data integration projects, preferably within the AWS ecosystem.
- Document and communicate data solutions, standards, best practices, and guidelines to maintain uniformity and alignment across the data engineering team and the organization.
- Execute and oversee projects using Agile/SCRUM/KANBAN methodologies.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior data engineers, along with technical feedback.
- Address data-related issues and incidents, offering root cause analysis and solutions.
- Investigate and assess emerging technologies and trends in the data field, suggesting enhancements and innovations.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- A preference for a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Over 10 years of experience in data engineering or similar roles, including experience with at least two data engineering and/or ETL/ELT tools
- Proficiency in dbt design, development, and deployment, encompassing SQL queries, macros, tests, sources, and more
- A solid grasp of the Snowflake cloud data platform, its architecture, features, and capabilities
- Familiarity with contemporary modeling techniques such as the lake house and data vault, as well as traditional concepts like star schema, snowflake schema, dimensional modeling, facts, and dimensions
- Experience working within a cloud-based data engineering team, preferably in the AWS environment
- Proficiency in data ops, CI/CD, and DevOps tools and methodologies, including Git, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.
- A robust understanding of data quality, security, and governance principles and frameworks
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM/KANBAN methodologies for project management
Skills and Competencies
- Effective communication in English, both written and verbal
- Interpretation of various forms of communication (verbal, non-verbal, written, listening, and visual)
- Discretion, caution, and the ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Strong multitasking abilities and attention to detail
- Self-motivation, organizational skills, time management, and deductive problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Apply for job
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org